I’ve Been Contacted by Penn DOT, What Happens Now?

An Article about Eminent Domain

If your home or business has received a letter from PennDOT regarding the possible taking of all, or a portion of, your property, the first thing you need to do is contact an attorney with experience in Eminent Domain law in order to protect and represent your interests. It is very important that you do not sign any documents until an attorney has been engaged.

When PennDOT has decided to take your property, they will attempt to “settle” the matter with you out of court which is the cheapest and easiest way for them to obtain title to your land. Unfortunately, if you immediately settle with them you may not be getting the full value of what your property is worth.

When you engage the law firm of Smigel, Anderson & Sacks, our experienced attorneys will review your case free of charge and walk you through the Eminent Domain process. We will visit your property, answer your questions and make sure you get the most compensation possible.

We work on a contingency fee basis and only take our percentage from amount we collect ABOVE what PennDOT has offered you. In other words, our compensation only comes out of what we get you above and beyond PennDOT’s final offer.

There is no case too big or too small. It is your property and you deserve to get the full value of what it is worth.

If you have received any communications from PennDOT regarding the taking of your property, please contact us at 717-234-2401 and ask for Adam Klein.

Adam G Klein Attorney in Harrisburg PA

Adam G. Klein