Business Checkup Services
- Human Resources review of employee manual, procedures, discrimination, family leave, etc.
- Contract review of employee services and benefits, restrictive covenants
- Compliance with government regulations
- Benchmarking against industry best-practices
- Key Personnel
- Additional fringe benefits
- Stock Options
- Restrictive covenants
The HR Audit
A Human Resources Audit can help prevent costly future litigation and put your company on the cutting edge of HR law and process. The Business Team at Smigel, Anderson & Sacks will review your existing employee handbook, policies and procedures. From this review, our team will be able to assess your risk and needs, make recommendations, draft amendments to your policies and procedures where needed and help you put in place a foolproof HR package that meets both your needs and those of your employees. We can determine the level of audit that is right for your business. The HR audit would include the following areas:
- PHRC, EEOC, COBRA, PA Minimum Wage Act, FLSA
- Employment Advertising
- Prospective Employee Information: Benefits, Drug Testing, Medical Exams, Background Checks
- Immigration Requirements Employee Handbooks: Content, Policies, Procedures Application and Interview Notes
- Hiring New Employees/Keeping an Employee File
- Employment Contracts, Restrictive Covenants, Covenants Not to Complete
- Employee Evaluations
- Personnel File
- Employee Handbook Review
- Posting Mandated Notices
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Harassment Free Workplaces: Sexual Harassment, Age, Sex, Race, Religion Discrimination
- HIPAA for Employers
- Plan documents
- Form 5500 filings
- Administration reports
- Beneficiary designations
Protecting and obtaining trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, customer lists, computer data.
Review ongoing or potential litigation cases Review existing contracts and/or forms utilized for contracting for litigation related issues including choice of venue, mandatory arbitration clauses, choice of law provisions, etc.
Real Estate Options/Services
Review ongoing or potential litigation cases Review existing contracts and/or forms utilized for contracting for litigation related issues including choice of venue, mandatory arbitration clauses, choice of law provisions, etc:
- Environmental concerns
- Ownership structure
- Mortgage finance structure
- Acquisition Advice
- Financing Options
- Sales Agreements and Construction Contracts
- Notes, Mortgages or Easement Agreements
- Subdivision, Zoning and Land Development Approvals
- Title Search and Review
- Title Insurance (we are a licensed title insurance agent for Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Co.)
- Environmental Issues
Another area which varies according to the nature of your business is the need for knowledge pertaining to intellectual property which addresses trademark, copyright, and trade secret concepts. Also varying is your business’s potential exposure to the threat of litigation.
The purpose of this checklist is to identify the scope of services we have available to you. We can address as many of them as you desire in as much depth as satisfies you of the adequacy of your own plans. We want you to consider us as a resource to be called upon not only in times of crisis but also in times of planning. We are happy, in fact we suggest the advisability of, working together with your existing trusted advisors. We want to be an additional resource that you can call upon, one who understands your business and your goals.
The Business team at Smigel, Anderson & Sacks can assist you in protecting company and personal assets. In addition to protecting company assets, we can help you develop prudent corporate planning that will lead to operating more profitably, reducing the risks of litigation and achieving appropriate compliance with applicable regulations.
Send us a Message
We understand if you don’t have the time to make a phone call, are just looking for some general advice or want to quickly register for a seminar. Don’t hesitate to send us a message, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
For more information please contact